Your First Visit
To assist you in preparation for your visit, we have provided the following information for you and request that you complete the appropriate registration and patient history forms noted in the
Patient Forms section below before your visit.
Your initial consultation will consist of:
- a complete allergy history
- physical examination
- medical therapy as indicated
Allergy skin testing will be performed at this time, if needed, so you should plan on spending 2-1/2 to 3 hours with us.
Please print and complete the Patient Registration form and your appropriate History Questionnaire and bring them with you:
Patients with respiratory problems involving the nose, throat, lungs, eyes and ears; and headaches:
Patients with skin rashes, swelling and/or eczema:
Insect Sting Allergy Patients (and those with other problems not noted above):
Additional Preparation Instructions
To further assist us with your visit, we ask that:
- You wear a short-sleeved shirt to allow easy access to the lower arms.
Medications such as antihistamines and decongestants not be taken for 48 hours prior to your appointment. (You may continue to take other medications such as cortisone preparations, insulin, high blood pressure pills and asthma medications.)
- Women who are pregnant inform our office at the time of their visit.
- Persons under 18 years old be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- You refrain from wearing perfumes or after-shave lotions during your visit with us as these can cause allergy attacks or asthma in some patients.
- When bringing a child, please make arrangements for a baby-sitter for your other children so that you may receive the privacy in our office that most adults do.
At the conclusion of your initial visit, we will provide you with a summary of our findings and treatment recommendations. We look forward to serving your allergy needs!